My work is about knowledge and distillation of residues of human activities. I project them to our time, spinning questions and thoughts on culture and human creativity; thinking of the world otherwise.
By employing different mediums such as installations, typography, publications, objects, drawings, photograph, video, precision and ephemerality the results are nothing but sharp crossings between objects, materials, events and language.
Primarily I am concerned with the retinal qualities of the outcome of this process, in order to engage the viewer in a game of questioning.
Dialogues and collaborations with other artists, musicians, composers, theorists, scientists, theatre makers, reading groups and initiatives
During the general residency at the Frans Masereel Centrum, the first proof prints were made with metal types of the MA 95 from the Museum Plantin Moretus, part of my research plan.
Additionally, a special silksrceened edition of Oedipus King was printed (one copy stays for the Frans Masereel Centrum collection)
As a side activity some scheduled and not planned works came up.
1. A relief print after an oil painting (Two Clouds)
2. Silk screen work, depicting the waveform of the sound of a performance(Hesperinon/ Anatolikon, 2013)
3. A relief print edition of an Ancient Greek pottery (Lekythos) in four colors.
4. A silk screened edition on the 12 faces of a Dodecahedron
5. Some monoprints made with letterpress
6. cover for some future publications
23.06.2014 - 18.07.2014